Why do clocks/watches around the world show 10:10 for their advertisements? Muse over and have an insight.
Have we ever noticed that watches for sale are always pictured with hands pointed at 10:10? Here is an explanation. Mostly, clock companies and ad people think that they do so by aesthetic purposes and of course using the "smile" theory which will be explained . And then I’d write something afterwards which would astonish most of you.
1) The form of the hands has a positive effect on the view: the short hand pointing at 10 o'clock and the long hand pointing at 8 minutes is reminiscent of a check mark, which commonly means "ok" or "fine." Some observers further identify this appearance with a smiling face.
2) The position of the hands does not obscure the date on watches with a date-function at 3 o'clock or any other functions at 9 or 3 o'clock.
3) The position of the hands does not obscure the company logo, which is often printed under 12 o'clock.
4) The hands are nearly symmetrically balanced on the face of the dial at 10:08. The minute hand is 48 degrees right of vertical, while the hour hand is 56 degrees left of vertical. Exact symmetry would be achieved at 120/13 minutes past 10:00, approximately 10:08:13.8. Other symmetrical times would not meet the needs above.
5) At 10 o'clock in the morning, the day is young. There is still time to accomplish many things.
6) 10 o'clock is the time at which people typically wake up if they are able to sleep in. 10:08 is thus associated with weekend, leisure and relaxation
7) Time of Abraham Lincoln's Death :- U.S. President Abraham Lincoln died at 7:22 a.m. on April 15, 1865, although he was shot at 10:15 p.m. on April 14, 1865. Although this has been suggested, I doubt that the position of the hands commemorates the time of Lincoln's assassination or death.If we'd continued along the promising line of reasoning you've just described, it might have dawned on us that 8:20 makes for a pleasingly symmetrical arrangement of the hands. So does 10:10, an arrangement that shows up almost as often. Relative to the vertical axis they both make a sort of equiangular tripod, if you follow me, that strikes most people as more attractive than, say, 9:15.
Well,here's one from a watch manufacturer, TIMEX says the hands on the timepieces are placed at 10:10 so the company logo on the face will be framed and not blocked by the hands. TIMEX says the industry standard used to be 8:20 but that looked too much like a frown and created an unhappy look. TIMEX says in it's add, the clock hands are placed at 10:09:36, exactly.
Now let me disclose the real reason .
Way back in 6th of august 1945 .The first Atom bomb was dropped in hiroshima which evaporised more than 1.5 lac people instantly.It was a first major blow to the human beings by the human beings.You’d wonder to know the time it was dropped .I will leave this upto you to check this out.
The bulletted reasons given above may sound inappropriate but the reason you’d check out will convionce you.
10:10 is just another option to replace 8:20 (and something gloomy out of it )
And the only reason why we commemorate such a tragic blow to humanity.